Monday, 21 February 2011

Transformation, TA DA!

It only took a couple of hours on Monday for Paul and Alan to fit the remaining trellis and I think everyone is happy with the decisions taken about staggering the panels. The only person not involved is our neighbour who's currently on holiday but as the alternative which he lived with for 20 years was towering Leylandii I don't think he will be too upset by our renovations. (Management has previously threatened him that we can always replant the conifers if he would like.)


The soil where the guys have been trampling is like a scene from Saving Private Ryan and the best thing I can do right now is keep away until the ground has dried out.


Patersons have suggested I wait a week or so until I apply creosote to give the freshly cut timber a chance to season. With a bathroom refit and a cough/cold bug keeping me occupied this week I'm more than happy to follow their advice.

You know there have been a lot of workers around when the mug hooks which normally look like this:


look like that:

5 comments:

  1. I think the staggering looks great and works well. My, things have been moving along at a hitherto unknown pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic - I'm sure your neighbour will approve - are you going to grow anything up the trellis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trellis looks fabulous, my dear. Do clematis grow for you? They'd be wonderful on there, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all.

    Clematis grow well here and I adore them so they will grow up the trellis along with roses, honeysuckle and whatever else I end up planting!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}