Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer my first-born?

Psychological trauma at Bag End yesterday as I finally plucked up the nerve to wrap up my beloved Canon and send it to one of the very few authorised Service Agents in the UK.

For a while I've noticed dust on the sensor and with the planned acquisition of some rather lovely "L" series glass it makes sense to have the camera checked over and cleaned.


Are you sure you wouldn't prefer my first-born, it would have been much easier to pack up and send away ...

Photos this week from the old Olympus SP-550 that I rejected due to shutter lag which made wildlife photography virtually impossible. Am finding it rather nice and cute to use and actually quite surprised .... perhaps it will get a reprieve after all (but not when there are birds or squirrels in the frame).

3 comments:

  1. NEWSFLASH
    I was on the cusp of acquiring an EF17-40L for wide angle use and instead ended up with a piece of Sigma glass.

    Am I mad? Well, the Sigma goes a fair bit wider at 12-24mm but it was a close choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigma glass, hmm, I am surprised. Will be interesting to hear what you think. The Sigma is a bit heavier and there's not much difference in price but if you are concentrating on landscapes or stuff at Bressingham it might be the better choice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My decision was substantiated yesterday - I needed the wider focal length of the Sigma - 17mm simply was not going to cut the mustard. In fact I think I am going to have to stitch as there is just not enough room to get far enough away from my subject matter to be able to get it all into frame.

    As you can probably guess, all the images are still on the camera as I haven't had time to look at them yet.

    Do I feel dirty buying non Canon L series glass? Not in the least!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}