Sunday, 19 December 2010

It needs a quilt, don't you think?

Don't you think this needs a quilt? Not just the obvious ones inside, but a cover outside to help create more of a sense of 'den'. A nice wholecloth would do the trick, interestingly shaped to fit the top and two sides.



Yes, it is a very large crate for what will be a fairly small puppy but our intention is that this will permanently be his bed and 'safe place' and a 38" cage is the size recommended by Yvonne as appropriate for a full-grown Beardie. In the short-term there is room to have his bed at one end and some paper at the other to deal with accidents if he needs to pee in the night and I don't hear him wanting to go out.

5 comments:

  1. A shaped quilt would make that into a really private den for a little puppy. I know I've seen that done for a cat somewhere in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the plan Sue, do you think he will like a nice Hoffman batik?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, me neither!!!

    BTW, decision already made - we are having one of the boys from the litter, although the girls are heart-meltingly cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...although the girls are heart-meltingly cute...

    D'oh - They are all overwhelmingly cute!

    I think that you need a quilt cover too for the den.

    Partner-in-grime Jane has a similar cage for her miniature Schnauzer (?sp)- he loves to have a secure place to retreat to, and takes himself off to bed when tired.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}