Friday, 5 November 2010

49 shopping days

Although it didn't rain today the ground is completely saturated and working outside wasn't sensible. With the house about to descend into contractor chaos it made sense to finish piecing the second Christmas quilt top so that I can pack everything up and put it away.

I did say it was going to be bright, didn't I?



Although I had a wobbly doubtful design moment halfway through I'm now delighted with how this has come together. It uses mostly the same fabrics as the Eye Spy quilt and has continuity of style and layout. I do hope these little brothers enjoy their Christmas quilts, although I've got a lot of work still to do before quilt tops become quilts!

6 comments:

  1. It's fantastic and I'm sure both boys will love their quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks m'dear, much appreciated your help making some design decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The boys are sure to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SewAli, James saw the tops today - not sure what he was expecting but I think we impressed him {giggle}.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A-MA-ZING... There, do I qualify to be a judge on Srictly now?

    Impressed would be an understatement - pure blooming genius more like!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}