Sunday, 17 October 2010

Freebies

New neighbours are clearing their own overgrown garden and although nothing like Bag End scale, it did require a day of hard chainsawing from their brother and his friend who turned out to have a very professional arboreal business near Penrith. Richard kindly emptied his truck of all the wood and leaf chippings onto our drive before setting off down the A66.



This sort of "rubbish" is not suitable for laying over beds but perfect for making a path. It will enable me to start on one of the many projects that has been pending for far too long - clearing next to the back fence in readiness for a new hedge.



Only managed about 5 yards before the weather turned and being inside seemed a better idea, but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}