Sunday, 3 October 2010

Christmas quilts

Although this is the wrong day and completely the wrong week, today counts as participation in Sue's Christmas Quilt-a-long.

Blog Button"

I have promised to make two children's quilts for delivery by Santa so I'd better get on with it. It was a slow day - this cold/bug has completely wiped me out and it is now a week since I keeled over with a box of tissues on one side and a mug of hot Ribena on the other.

I'd forgotten how long it takes to unfold fabric, press it, cut the required amount, and move on to the next, especially as some fabrics needed to be fussy-cut in order to get two squares as near identical as possible.



35 fabrics, two squares of each, it is going to be an "Eye Spy meets Snap" quilt for a very bright four year-old. I know when I look at these tomorrow some of the fabrics will get dumped, if I use all of them the quilt will end up far too big for the little chap :}



Much chain piecing



Pressing and cutting



Exhausted Hobbit, that will do for one day.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've had the bug, I have too - commiserations all round! Hopefully you're feeling better now. I am looking forward to seeing photos of the finished quilts, they look like they're going to be fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesley, sorry you've also had this bug - it's a swine, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a day very well spent Bilbo, and you're only a few days early for the Christmas Quiltalong. I hope the therapeutic sewing leads to a rapid recovery from the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SewAli, it was very therapeutic, easy sewing, fast progress, just the right project to get me quilting again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Glad you felt like joining in the Christmas Quilt-Along, even if you are a bit early.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sue, perhaps I am late rather than early {giggle}, you did start the Christmas sewing a month ago!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}