Friday, 29 October 2010

Breezy

It is a tad breezy in West Cumbria tonight. The number you want is the top one: 48



That's 48 miles per hour, or 77 kph for those too young to understand proper units of measurement. This was recorded just outside the back door, wouldn't want to be anywhere near the fells at present.

Everything that has not already blown over has been laid down (fence panels, garden furniture) and I've moved my car from under the magnolia tree which has a nasty habit of misplacing small branches when it is windy.

I don't like this and my mood has not been enhanced by realising that the clocks go back this weekend and from Sunday it will be dark just after 5.00pm.

4 comments:

  1. I sympathise - I hate windy weather, and it's been quite breezy over here in the east for the last 24 hours, but not as bad as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks GC, forecast I saw earlier was for it to be much better your side.

    Thank you for your lovely message, will try to reply over the weekend (but I have an atrocious track record for emails piling up!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wind is another of those things I love to hear - if I'm indoors. (I'm beginning to think I'm a bit odd.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you are odd Sue, I was the same until I moved to a very exposed location surrounded by trees that might blow down :}

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}