Thursday, 28 October 2010

Bark chips

I think it's funny that when the Atkinsons lorry arrives with another two bulk bags of bark chips the driver automatically positions his vehicle to lift the consignment over the hedge rather than stopping at the bottom of the driveway.



Management isn't surprised: "they're used to you by now".



Delivery is the easy bit, now I have to barrow these lovely things to various beds before winter rains make a mess of the soil and the weather isn't being terribly co-operative this week.

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of barrowloads of chippings to me. Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sue, I'm trying not to think just how many barrow loads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compared to a bulk bag, a barrow holds surprisingly little! Have fun, little Hobbit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun says Flummery.

    Dear VH,
    hmmm, looks like your idea of fun is just as daft as mine!
    love, Bilbo, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know I just love spreading bark or compost around the garden. We all have jobs we love and that is one of mine......

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}