Thursday, 2 September 2010

Grass Cuttings

Although I'm happy to leave much of our lawn as fairly long "wildlife areas", grass does still need cutting on a very regular basis at Bag End and the clippings have to go somewhere. I generate too many to successfully incorporate them into the regular compost bins and have been looking for an alternative.

After a lot of browsing around online I kept coming across the term "grass boarding" which is the layering of grass clippings with either soil, cardboard or shredded paper, it's worth a try ...

The area behind the log store is a perfect out of the way spot for some creative reuse of old pallets:











No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}