Tuesday, 6 July 2010

The morning after

Wayne arrived (as promised) at 8.00am on Monday and proceeded to do a wonderful job re plastering the small bathroom, followed by someone coming for a cuppa and staying all afternoon. All very nice but meant I got s*d all done in the garden during the day.

After dinner I was feeling fidgety and didn't want to watch TV. A whole winter of running a wood-burning stove has definitely honed my bonfire lighting abilities and from 10.00 - 11.00 a huge blaze ensued at Bag End! I figured that whilst neighbours might have bedroom windows open (oops, sorry), few of them would still be sitting outside in their gardens at silly o'clock.



It won't be obvious unless you know the garden well, but pre-fire there was rubbish from the grey bucket (left) all the way to the right.

Didn't take pictures because I was too busy either feeding the flames or sitting with a nice cold can watching to ensure everything was safe but this morning it was quite a pleasant shock to see just how much rubbish I got rid of.



You know it's bad when this is left and I'm pleased with how much went!

Management suggested I do the same again tonight .... hmmm, we'll see.


Somehow I had forgotten the escallonia hedge (removed in January) had been dumped all along the front of the pile

5 comments:

  1. There's nothing on TV anyway is there so you didn't miss anything and have the satisfaction of a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a good burn-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire - a basic element. You've either got to love it or be scared to death of it. Himself has pyromaniac tendencies. (Silly grin!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all,

    Flummery - there is a middle group {g}, be very respectful of it!

    What is it about men and big bonfires?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe :) We could smell bonfires as we were lying in bed last night!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}