Friday, 30 July 2010

Minor Surgery

John arrived Thursday afternoon as promised and it really didn't take long to deal with the broken branch.



He removed the split section with a bow saw but used real toys serious equipment to trim the remaining branch back to the trunk. Not sure the Health & Safety police would have been impressed with his climbing up a ladder with a chainsaw and no harness . . .

(click to enlarge)

Silver Birch is now tidied up and safe. I'm surprised we haven't had a branch like this down before, the trees are so misshapen from having to grow around the Leylandii there are branches in some strange directions, hopefully the light & air they have enjoyed for the last two years has helped strengthen them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}