Thursday, 22 July 2010

Look closely, you won't see this very often

Babysitting today whilst Harry and Bethan's Two-legs attended a funeral.

With great weather and someone else's babies to take care of (and babies who are quite capable of jumping our back fence should the desire grip them) I needed an outdoor job which I could stop and start. After a couple of weeks downpour the grass is desperately trying to catch up with the thistles in the Triffid department so I spent the entire day behind the lawnmower (apart from when I was playing with the dogs, eating, drinking tea or doing something else!)





Some areas of long grass are ready to be cut back having flowered and gone to seed for the year.



I've left all the self-heal which is in flower in some areas and just coming into bloom in others. The orchids are just about over and are going to seed.



Bag End does look very smart now - I know it won't stay like this for long. Eventually finished edging the Potager beds around 9.30pm, it was lovely to sit with a glass of Jennings Bitter as the light faded and look at it all. Am cogitating some additional compost-making arrangements because a huge cut like this generated a ridiculous amount of grass clippings.



2 comments:

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}