Thursday, 8 July 2010

Clearing up

I didn't mean to have two bonfires this week. What I meant to do was get to the huge stand of thistles growing near the side fence. They are in flower and I needed to get the tops off them before the plants set seed. Trouble is, all the brush and rubbish meant it was difficult to access that bit of land.



No excuse now, so a busy (and prickly) day cutting down thistle, raking up debris left behind from the fire and generally clearing up. Managed to fill all the garden bins with rubbish that won't easily compost here so left the thistles on the driveway to shrivel up - that should guarantee some rain.



More grass cutting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}