Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Bathroom progress

Plastering done,
Thistlebond coat on walls ready for tiling
Non-tiled areas painted
Bath in . . .

Wayne due today or tomorrow to start tiling.



Yes it's taking a while and could have been done in a fraction of the time if we'd employed one company to do the whole job but this is actually more relaxing. We know the tradesmen who are working for us and whilst they don't always arrive quite when we expect, when they do turn up the work is great and costs a fraction of the inflated "all-in" price quoted by faceless firms.

4 comments:

  1. So what colour tiles then? Impatient, moi?

    Would the pipes be for a heated towel rail, or a shower?

    It's great seeing progress and when it's tiled it will transform it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, shall I tell you or insist you come and see for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you about using tradesmen. We used a local company for our kitchen refit and they were great, I am sure you get better service and standards as well as price, as they seem to care more about what they arre doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colour wall! I was wondereing what the progress was. Perhaps it will be done when I bring Red Betty back. I was planning on coming over early next week! Are you in?

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}