Thursday, 3 June 2010

Stinking Hot

I know this won't last so I won't complain (too much) that it was over 90 degrees in the greenhouse at 10.30am. Management had another of his splendid brainwaves - the purchase of many metres of net curtain wire enabled us to fix up some shade netting across the roof. This immediately made a noticeable difference to the greenhouse temperature. I have a dim recollection of Mum using old net curtains for greenhouse shading when I was a kid.



We haven't covered all of the g/house because I don't want to block what air flow there is from the vents. Must remember to call Elite and order a louvre kit for the gable end, we weren't going to do that because of worrying about wind in winter but the summer temperatures mean it's not something we are going to be able to do without.



Sanded and painted another bench.



Atkinsons delivered before 8.00am so spent a very hot and sticky couple of hours in full sun fixing up guttering around the shed, changing our minds at least three times as to the position of the water tank, had to go back to the depot for additional fittings ... and we still haven't got everything we need!





Made a start on clearing the area behind the shed so that the Alton greenhouse can be stored (more importantly, so it is out of the garage and Management can use that space for his bikes). Also made a start on getting rid of the jungle where the first bulk water tank is going to be sited.



2 comments:

  1. Don't think I'm going to have much time to watch the squirrels with all the changes I'm going to have to admire.

    Now I know why my gardening knowledge is so poor, my parents didn't garden. Mind my mum baked and as you know I do a fair bit of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, it won't take you long to catch up with the changes that have occured since you were last here.

    Yes, I am very fortunate that I have been in a garden ever since I could walk. I picked up a tremendous amount by osmosis, great way to learn.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}