Friday, 14 May 2010

Shed, part two

Bitterly cold and a bit damp underfoot, but after two years, the shed is here.



Huge frustration because although built, the roof still has to have its roofing felt applied and until it's waterproof I've been told not to put anything in it.



Plans are in place for gutter to collect rainwater from that huge roof and planting on two sides of the shed which should soften the bulk of it but before any of that happens Management suggested I paint the insides white. As usual, he's right, there are no windows in the shed and brightening the interior means I won't have to put the light on every time I go inside.



Management has been so patient, bless him. Having one of the garages full of outdoor/gardening stuff since we moved means he has not been able to unpack any of his motorbike stuff and the poor chap hasn't been able to do whatever it is he does with heavy, oily, metal bits since we moved. He is now under Hobbit Instructions that he can b*gger off as far as the garden is concerned and go and play with his own toys!

8 comments:

  1. Either you have suddenly got things growing in triffid-like fashion in your wonderful greenhouse, or you have a reflection in the panes? (first pic)

    You don't mess about at Bag End, do you? Ma-hooooo-sive shed you have there! Why no windows? Is it because it is purely storage? Do you plan to run electic to it for light and/or other appliances?

    Having painted the whole of the fence at home as well as the tool store at the Hill in very short order today using a fence-treatment-sprayer doofah that mum bought to do her fence, is there a similar gadget that you can use to paint the inside of the shed white? It'll be a big area to do by brush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, definitely a reflection of what is growing further down the border!

    Shed is purely for storage, and there's a ma-hooo-sive padlock for the doors too! We have a paint sprayer thingy thanks, and yes, they make life very much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting stuff indeed, and I'm sure Management is looking forward to fondling his greasy bits of metal. Not sure what it is that men see in greasy bits of metal, but they're genetically programmed to love them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giggle, SewAli, not sure which pair of chromosomes are involved but you're right, they are programmed to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure what it is that men see in greasy bits of metal, but they're genetically programmed to love them

    Not mine, his idea of hell, but then I always did say he's different and an acquired taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have their uses Angela. Right now my beloved lawnmower is sick and this week I have learnt how to remove a fuel tank and carburettor, clean both, and replace a diaphragm & gasket. (Mgt believes in showing me how to do stuff, then maybe next time I won't bother him!)

    Unfortunately, lawnmower is still sick and will have to be driven to Someone Who Knows About These Things tomorrow - which means a trip to Carlisle, grrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have their uses Angela.

    I know, just not all in the same way!!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}