Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Slate

Bounty off the back of a lorry - literally!

The trailer full of wood and fence posts which arrived yesterday morning also contained a small pile of slate slabs. Over coffee I asked where they had come from and what they were going to be used for.

The answer: "out of the previous job and on the way to be dumped" followed by "take 'em if you want, saves us having to move them again". Hobbits don't need asking twice when it comes to large bits of potentially useful stone. Half an hour later they were all stored at the back of the house, not sure what I'll use them for but that is a minor consideration.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds more like The Borrowers to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Sarum, I was thinking more along the lines of Wombles . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, yummy, I love slate and free slate is even better!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}