Wednesday, 28 April 2010

And on the 7th day

It doesn't matter how many times I do this, watching seeds germinate still amazes me and leaves me with a sense of wonder. From that tiny germ of embryo comes root, stem, cotyledon seed leaves - life.

The first batch of Ollie's Sunflower seeds were sown on 21st April, and 7 days later, 23 out of 30 are up, guess Hobbit still has green fingers :}



It makes me wonder what calamity has to befall humanity before everyone remembers that without this we starve.

3 comments:

  1. I thought just the same when a neighbour was complaining about the solitary bees in the banks at the end of the front gardens. My damson and gooseberries are alive with them. No bees, no crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully there are enough of us in this wonderful world to set an example and spread the seeds of sense. My little garden has come alive and every year it seems like a miracle. I can't get enough of the colours, the scents, the birds, the bees - but enough of me waxing lyrical! I'm loving your blog updates. :)

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}