Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Spring is on the way

Imbolc, an ancient festival at which time thanks would be given that we are more than halfway through winter. The days are lengthening again and signs of Spring are all around. It won't be long before we have lambs in the fields nearby.

Snowdrops are shyly peeping through the leaf litter and out the front the bulbs are growing strongly. So far I have resisted the temptation to go out and count them to see how many of the 700 which were planted in September have survived the winter.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the title land in my RSS reader I immediately though "bulbs".

    Looks like Bag End will have a good show of daffodils in the next month or so - something to bring a smile to your face - and even better - they'll come up again next year all on their own!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}