Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Fabric Search

or - "if you don't ask, you definitely don't get".

A non-quilter might reasonably assume that given the size of my fabric stash, I already have all the material I might need for any quilt which I could want to create in future. Oh, how wrong could you be?

I so want (need?) another yard, preferably two, of this fabric. From Hoffman International, called "Fantasies" and at least 5 years old, probably older.

I've searched Quiltshops.com, eBay, Big Horn, Hancocks, Thousands of Bolts and Doughtys, plus a worldwide Google search and drawn a blank, which in truth, does not surprise me. So for the first time (but maybe not the last) I thought I'd use Bag End to ask all my quilting buddies if somewhere, somehow, lurking at the bottom of a pile, you might just have . . . pretty please . . . and I will happily pay full list for it plus postage. Perhaps if I had more of this fabric I might have the inclination to finish the blocks which need it?

13 comments:

  1. So if all the quilters that you know post your request so everyone they know knows...sort of pyramid quilting!

    Do hope you're successful - it's a very quaint fabric - I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Hazel's got a good idea there. Would you like me to post on my bog about it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, excellent idea
    QuiltSue - thank you so much, yes please

    however, my friend Country Bumpkin (who is not even a quilter!) seems to have turned up a link to an American store who appear to have it. But it's such gorgeous fabric that I'd be happy to have more than a couple of yards and will say "thank you" to all the help I can get.

    very grateful hugs to you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. I'll add a post about it to my blog tomorrow morning. I might have stopped sneezing by then. Arsenal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Angela, I have got one "lead" but it is a small company in the States and I'm not sure if they'll ship overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have absolutely nothing useful to say except that the fabric is just divine and I really hope you manage to get some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re-creatyed your post on my blog. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a website called missingfabrics.com where you can post fabrics you are looking for and people check their stash to see if they might be able to help. I have had good succcess there. It might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have that fabric but mine has yellow and purple poppies. I can take a photo if you are interested.

    ttfn :) Yuki

    ReplyDelete
  10. This shop carries a LOT of florals and my guess is some of it is older stock.(didn't hear that from me!)

    http://www.quiltsbytheoz.com/

    It does not have an on-line shop but might be worth contacting them direct or via email with your picture. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had a rumage Bilbo, but it's not a fabric I'd choose (which doesn't mean I won't have it from swaps etc.) so I'm afraid I didn't turn up anything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya, hope you find the fabric soon. I cant help on that one sorry. Was good to have a chat a couple of weeks ago at Rheged...keep up the great work on the blog.....regards, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}