Sunday, 14 February 2010

An alternative method of mouse control #2

The aforementioned Grey Heron happened to land on the road outside Bag End on Sunday morning, just as I was standing at the window.






Management and I were treated to a ten minute spectacle during which time this magnificent bird stalked and caught three mammals - difficult to photograph as it was dull, misty, damp and grey and the heron was nearly the same colour and although just across the road from the drive, still some distance away. We think two of the meals were mice, although with the presence of mole hills on the verge ...?








This is one predator who will be welcome in the garden when we eventually get a large pond dug although I hope he/she finds it easier to catch mice than the many toads we have living in the undergrowth - I like the toad population at Bag End.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}