Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Tree Stump Removal: day three

there was no day three ...

Last Wednesday brought us temperatures which had plummeted overnight and for a rare moment, snow at Bag End.

The crew arrived after fairly unpleasant journeys on icy roads but we could barely see from one end of the garden to another and it didn't take much convincing on my part to call a halt to the operations. I slunk back indoors feeling very relieved - fighting off a cold and Management away at a business meeting (no snow was going to stop my Husband!).

Later when the weather had improved I was able to get outside and have a good look at the devastation which now calls itself our garden.
An expansive view but I don't like it - the front is now completely exposed and it feels like we are in a goldfish bowl

Can't make an omelette without breaking eggs, bla bla. It looks horrendous, pray that we get this corner rebuilt in much less time than it normally takes us to do things at Bag End

There is a HUGE amount of timber in this pile, the large stump bottom right has a cut end about 24" across and is at least 6 foot long

the rubbish pile is no smaller - I foresee a few more bonfires in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Great view but I understand the goldfish bowl comment. Our neighbours chopped down their leylandi a few years back and until they put up a big fence it felt like they could see our every movement in the living room.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}