Saturday, 7 November 2009

Happy Anniversary



Two Years . . . 7th November 2007 when the Pickfords vans rolled away from Hampshire with all our worldly goods carefully packed inside.

At that time we had absolutely no idea where we would end up and certainly never imagined we would find ourselves with a heavenly view and red squirrel in the garden. Sure, we'd ruled out some areas for definite and had an inkling that north west Cumbria might suit us just fine but it was very strange to be heading up the M6 not even knowing where I would be sleeping that night (Management had arranged our rented house bless him, Ollie and I had not seen it).

Today is a good point to put a marker in the ground. Management is away today at a modelling exhibition and I can make no more progress on the loft (electrics) or the sitting room without him. Yesterday I finished painting the outside wall in the sitting room and very smart it looks too, no photos until the curtains are up and all the furniture has been moved moved to its new place. John's quote for removing the large tree stumps at the front arrived and is about what we expected but the work will not happen until next year. It's time to take a rest (by my standards!) and wind down for the remainder of 2009.



6 comments:

  1. You wind down!!!!!

    I wait to see this with interest. I'm betting your winding down will see you doing more than the rest of us put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh behave yourself {giggle}. I find it worrying that you and Sue leave exactly the same comments on my blogs without (I think) collusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, my internet friend. Ollie's picture is just splendid. What a terrific adventure you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My DH goes off to modelling exhibitions too and is always dragging me off to see old railways. Time to put your feet up then whilst he is away or quilt, or sew some crewel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn - {giggling}, I had looked at your Border Miniatures website and smiled at another thing we have in common. DH does not take me to model shows and I would not take him to a quilt show.

    Yes, I did put my feet up and YES, I have been working on crewel all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, thank you. Have you noticed the similarities between Beardies and Samoyeds - beautiful coats which are absolute magnets for mud & muck.

    You're having quite an adventure yourself right now, hope the packing is going OK and you're managing to stay fairly calm.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}