Thursday, 19 November 2009

Flooding

After some of the highest winds we've experienced in the last two years plus a night of torrential rain, I wasn't remotely surprised to see the Derwent like this at 8.30am

No amount of messing with PhotoShop will make this picture any better; the sky is leaden and it is still persisting down with a vengeance. Taking the photo meant sticking head outside for about 5 seconds, click and back in.

Once again we're thankful we live on a hill and that the garden slopes. It is a great relief to no longer have to worry about trees coming down when we get such high winds.

1 comment:

  1. My first thought on looking at the picture was thank goodness your well above it.

    Not much of a view for you there today. Get the fabric out.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}