Monday, 3 August 2009

Ollie

It is over.

At the end it was calm, and quiet and happened at home, just as we planned. We were both with Ollie and I held him in my arms and talked to him, I told him what a good chap he was, and how much I loved him, and of rabbits and pussy cats to chase, and fresh clean streams - "a drink you can sit in" and of so much more.

Clare was gentle and our darling boy slipped away with absolutely no stress, no fear, no pain, no suffering.

Ollie

20th May 1995 > 3rd August 2009

He came to live with us on Saturday, 27 January 1996

4938 days
13 years, 6 months, 8 days
705 weeks

Not long enough . . .
One third of our family is missing. Over a quarter of my life. Devastated.


Image copyright J. Hoye, 2008

5 comments:

  1. Thank you both, and to everyone who has sent me private messages - I never realised before just how much comfort one receives from these little notes of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Ollie. My thoughts are with you. Lorraine (OFC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear the sad news about Ollie.
    Stay strong in the belief that he had a great life with you both.
    Dave & Edith (OFC)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very sad to hear of your awful news, i know how much he meant to you and i hope you will be able to smile at all the lovely times you shared. Steve (Ofc).

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}