Thursday, 16 July 2009

Steady now, this looks dangerously like real gardening

After the trauma of yesterday I needed to be outside for an hour and get my hands in the soil.

Have planted out the two excellent Parsley plants which came from the allotment open day, together with some of the Swiss Chard (Bright Lights) from Flummery, Spinach (Renegade) and Broccolli (Raab 60 day) both of which I've grown from seed

Having bought wood to make some protective frames and finally ordered Enviromesh to cover them, guess I ought to do some woodwork before the pigeons find these plants.

4 comments:

  1. This doesn't just LOOK like gardening, it sounds like it too. Well done, you've planted some of my favourite veg, ready for my next visit (gg).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just hope I can get it to the eating stage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pigeons will have your broccoli raab, but leave your swiss chard alone, I think, Bilbo - but I'd net to be on the safe side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hazel, have taken the plunge and bought a roll of Enviromesh - had this stupid idea yesterday I might build a frame to cover the bed but my woodworking skills were AWOL so I've just draped it over instead!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}