Friday, 17 July 2009

Some things you have to find out for yourself

And for once, it wasn't me learning something the hard way!

J. was due on Friday afternoon to do more digging. He arrived promptly at 2.00 and would not be dissuaded by the fact that it had rained most of the morning and was still spitting, no, he wanted to work. This is not avarice, this is a determination to fulfill a commitment.

So we let him start, and give the boy his due, he did move a surprising amount of soil, but after an hour even he admitted that there was as much caked on his boots as on the spade so he cleaned all the tools and went home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}