Sunday, 21 June 2009

Still boring!

Another exciting Bag End Sunday. More clearing of brush which involves hacking off all the horrible small stuff and retaining the timber that is large enough to justify being turned into logs.

Not a nice day to work, slightly overcast, but very muggy and humid. We took lots of breaks - him to watch Superbike, and me to visit a gorgeous garden open under the NGS (which will have it's own post when I get the photos sorted).

By anyone else's standards this would be a huge pile, but this is gardening Bag-End-Style (euphemism for completely daft?)

Still achieved another 8 barrow-loads leaving a pile to be tackled during the week that is not too daunting. The "ready for bonfire" pile is, however, looking considerably larger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}