Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Normal Service Has Been Resumed

Which means that despite all-to-wall sunshine and high temperatures, I dug impacted, stone-filled, very very hard soil.

The bottom of bed 3 was very different to the first two and I thought forking it over rather than letting the Mantis attack it would be a good idea. Of course, in typical Bag End fashion I end up digging over the whole thing again to more than one spit deep, removed countless bags of stones and probably killed a few more brain cells in the process! At least the soil in this bed is now cultivated to a depth of 24" . . .

This bed has had LOTS of cow muck added, and was two-thirds full by packing up time, at which point I was waaaay too tired to take photos, except for this of the slope that Mr Photo commented on.

Must find an idle moment to measure it and find out exactly how steep it is. The trick is not to overload the wheelbarrow, a technique I only get right 50% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}