Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Nearly a day off

Granny will be pleased that I am actually alternating digging days with more gentle days. Had a quick trip to the local garden centre in search of a replacement pair of gloves and came back with half a flat each of Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Kale! The PSB is a bit leggy and of course I am sure I could grow better myself, but at least this way I have something!

Postie brought me a packet of Swiss Chard "Bright Lights" seeds from Mrs Flummery that she has grown and saved herself, thank you darling, and they were sown along with some left-over Morning Glory.

The rest of the day was a lovely lazy sit in the sun as we were visited by our friends R and J who are on holiday here and accompanied by their lovely Spaniel, Hattie, who is very happy to be stroked endlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}