Monday, 4 May 2009

I feel all thin

"Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread" *

What a week, worrying about Ollie and constant broken nights, not helped by Management being at the other end of the country. The good news is that yesterday evening, our Canine Friend seemed much brighter and was quite enthusiastic about two bowls of food.

At bedtime there was some barking when we think he was suggesting he had another bowl of dinner but this was followed by grumbling as he had to settle for some plain biscuits. Even better news is that he got through the whole night without asking to go out for a potty-stop! He must be feeling better and not being woken at 3.00am has made me feel much better too!

Keeping an eye on his Estate!

Ollie is a bit thin too - 8 days of upset tummy and eating very little have trimmed his waistline and the new haircut means we can actually see the difference.


* © J.R.R.Tolkien

2 comments:

  1. Glad he is feeling better! I expect you are too now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey, it is his 14th birthday today but he does not want to get off the bed to celebrate!

    When I think only a month ago I feared he wouldn't get to today I know how blessed I am to still have this crazy little dog sharing our lives.

    You'd hardly recognise him now - the noisy, intrusive, attention-seeking nuisance has mellowed into a very laidback and lazy chap.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}