Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Strangely Liberating

Or, as Mrs Flummery put it - Hasta La Vista, baby!

By Wednesday of last week I couldn't stand Vista any longer, I tried, honestly I did, but it was never going to be a happy relationship! In the process of downgrading the OS to XP Professional I ran into a driver issue that was going to take me way too long to fix so I took the decision to give the system unit to a small local company and have them wipe everything and start again giving me a lovely vanilla installation with no unwanted bits of Vista lurking about in the background.

WestCom were very speedy, professional, ridiculously well priced and definitely my first stop for all computer matters in future.
I could have collected the computer at 10.30 on Monday morning .. . . except that in usual Bag End style the week did not start the way it was planned and I have been a tad busy the last couple of days, more on that later.

What was really weird was me, the computer junkie, being delighted not to get online for nearly a week - I relaxed in the evenings, read some books and magazines, didn't miss email. I could have dug out an old laptop and gone online with that but just couldn't be bothered.

2 comments:

  1. So you don't NEED the internet? Have you cut the umbilical cord or will it sneak back and grab you again?
    I hate it when I'm cut off.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}