Wednesday, 4 February 2009

I already like February much more than January!

Sunday, 1st February.

The good weather continued, it wasn't as cold as Saturday and despite a later than planned start we were able to finish cutting up the tree trunks - that's 7 trees dealt with in one weekend!

Good to look back and see how much we achieved yesterday. No idea what I did to get the sky looking like this - don't remember it being so dramatic!



Didn't take much to finish the last big trunk from yesterday -



With a very determined Hobbit behind the chainsaw, this trunk lasted about 15 minutes!



And here's something you will not see very often:



In order to get at some of the trunks I had the (daft) idea of cutting up a load of smaller branches and moving the logs directly to the store, rather than just moving big bits. This was a great idea (not), 3½ barrow loads later blue smoke was seen escaping from the motor of the mitre saw - oh dear, killed another power tool!



Yes, it's still an unholy mess and at times like this I wonder how many years it might be before this looks more like a real garden and less like a forestry site, BUT, we no longer have tree trunks littering the place, we made a small start on moving the wood and the log store has a bit more in it.

1 comment:

  1. I've just read through your Blog. What a wonderful place to live and enjoy Mother Nature :) Well done on your progress and I do hope the Red Squirrels stay a long long time (and maybe have babies?)

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}