Sunday, 11 January 2009

Wildlife Watching

Gently kicked up the appropriate part of anatomy by Sewali, I have finally put together a list of all the birds and mammals we've seen at Bag End in the last year.

Birds
Barn Owl (once briefly)
Blackbird
Blue Tit
Bullfinch (once)
Chaffinch
Coal Tit
Collared Dove
Dunnock
Goldfinch
Great Tit
Greater Spotted Woodpecker
Greenfinch
House Sparrow
Jackdaw
Long Tailed Tit
Magpie
Nuthatch
Redwing
Ring Neck Pheasant
Robin
Rook
Song Thrush
Sparrowhawk (male and female)
Starling
Tawny Owl
Tree Creeper
Wood Pigeon
Wren

Overhead
Buzzard
Canada Goose
Grey Heron
House Martin
Kestrel
Swan
Hawks, Hercules, Tornadoes, Tucanoes (sorry)

Mammals
Brown Hare
Mouse
Red Squirrel
Shrew
Stoat

We don't take any of this wonderful wildlife for granted, it could take so little to change our immediate environment to make it inhospitable for many of these wonderful creatures.

This is asking for trouble but it would be good if I could get a photograph of each of our visitors!

1 comment:

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}