Thursday, 20 November 2008

November images

It hasn't all been endless slog and hard work. Occasionally there has been time to stop and play with the camera.

Waiting for the chainsaw:


Waiting for the log store (and the log splitter):
I could photograph logs all day! Wonderful textures and contrast and constantly changing light.

Hypericum:
A strange but very clever plant. At the same time this plant has flowers, developing berries (red ones) and ripe berries (black ones). A very good way of ensuring propagation regardless of seasonal and climate changes.




Bracket fungus:
Discovered on the rowan tree near the squirrel feeder. Think it is Polyporus squamosus (common name Dryad's Saddle).


2 comments:

  1. Theres a quilt trying to get out of that log store Bilbo! what great textures you could have....and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you get to enjoy the garden as well.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}