Thursday, 20 November 2008

Backups

I am normally very good about taking backups, in fact, I can be quite obsessive about backing up my data and have my photos and files replicated over three separate external drives.

Sadly I have not been as efficient in backing up a simple thing like all my bookmarks, and whilst updating to Firefox 3 yesterday I managed to lose a large number of very carefully organised and sorted bookmarks. B*gger. No-one's fault but my own but it will take me an age to restore them all.

Go on, toddle off and backup your Bookmarks - now!

2 comments:

  1. Done! Are you sure there isn't a file lurking around with the old bookmarks in? I can't believe an update to Firefox would have overwritten them. I've upgraded to V3 and don't remember having a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a Mac, and I assume you are on PC, but Firefox creates a backup every time you change the bookmarks. Look for a file something like bookmarks.bak

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}