Saturday, 22 November 2008

Backups #2

I have no other way of thanking Roddie, who left a comment on my earlier post, and this might help someone else.

He wrote "Firefox creates a backup every time you change the bookmarks. Look for a file something like bookmarks.bak"

I found a series of files named Bookmark-DATE.html in an Application Data folder and tracked down the most recent entry. This gives me an HTML page version of all my Bookmarks and means I haven't lost some URL's which would have been a nuisance to try and relocate. As my Bookmarks were due for a bit of an overhaul and clear out I will not reload all of them but it is great to have a record of the links and I've saved the HTML page somewhere safe!

Thanks Roddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}