Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Acupuncture update

We were half way to Keswick when I got a call cancelling the appointment (and no, I wasn't driving when I answered the phone!) Re-arranged for Wednesday. Disappointing because I wanted Ollie to commence this treatment as soon as possible but there was a good and valid reason for the change.

After discussion with our vet we are taking Ollie off Predno-leucotropin (steroid) and tomorrow will resume using Metacam (NSAID). After the initial burst of steroid-induced energy he has been in more pain than previously, so much so that today we can see he is very loathe to get up and move just in case he gets "stabbed" again. Yes, we could increase the steroid dose but neither Husband or I believe this is the right thing to do, and the vet agreed that stuffing loads of steroids into him is only a short-term fix which might not even work.

1 comment:

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}