Thursday, 9 October 2008

The reason for "blogging"

If you've been with us since the beginning you may recall my post from March - Why Blog? when I explained it was because I needed the discipline in order to keep a record of the changes we make to this garden.

In the last couple of weeks we have been working on the top right-hand corner of the plot where, eventually, we plan to put a Log Store, Shed and Greenhouse. There are still a few misplaced shrubs to be moved but generally the land is now clear enough that we can start marking out where things will go.

After a couple more hours this afternoon, it now looks like this:





(yes, more logs waiting to be cut up!)

During yesterday's picture clear-out I came across these images, taken only 7 weeks ago (17th August). I had already forgotten just how overgrown this patch was! It has been a tremendous boost to the flagging energy levels to see just how much we've achieved, and goes some way to showing why I am always so flippin' tired - perhaps I should do less? No, don't think so, don't know how to do less!







I am really surprised to find how quickly I had forgotten what this looked like (if only I could forget the Ground Elder so easily).

1 comment:

  1. No wonder I didn't recognise it you have been working hard. If I was you I'd have a rest and go and do some involvong less energy like climbing Scafell Pike maybe!!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}