Sunday, 26 October 2008

The dreadful weather continues

Despite the awful forecast last night, our little part of Cumbria appears to have got away quite lightly during the day. Neither the wind or rain have been as bad as expected, however, and it is a BIG however, after dropping about 2 feet overnight the Derwent has now flooded back to higher than yesterday. We might not have had much rain at Bag End but areas upriver of us must have had a huge amount.



The river level at 5.00pm. No amount of playing with Photoshop is going to make this look better so I am not even going to try.

Unsurprisingly, there are more flood alerts and flood warnings in place for the north west than any other part of the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}