Friday, 15 August 2008

What a REAL photographer can accomplish at Bag End

My squirrel portraits are taken with an Olympus SP550 which is not a bad camera . . . for what it is, although it's got a lot of shortcomings (such as the greatest shutter lag in the history of photography) which do not really make it ideal for pictures of wildlife. However, it is what I have and I won't be buying anything different in the foreseeable future.

However, if you are a PROPER photographer with lenses that weigh nearly as much as my dog and a collection of gear that is undoubtedly worth more than both mine and Husband's cars combined then you can take photos like this whilst standing at the kitchen sink.


Please click on each to see how amazing they really are (then "Back" button or Backspace key to get back to here).


And the guilty party? Our friend James who had better get on AND UPDATE HIS WEBSITE or I'll start publishing the URL to the old one . . . thanks for some amazing images kid, look forward to seeing what you can do with a bit more time and the tripod.

3 comments:

  1. I am just in awe of your photos. Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laurie but I must stress, I didn't take these three squirrel pictures. The photographer in this instance is my friend James.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures. I hope James has left his camera for you to play with!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}