Sunday, 31 August 2008

Time for an "outing", and presents

You will have seen from the squirrel shots that our friend James is a very talented photographer.

What you may not know is that he is also a very fine web designer. However, just like the shoemakers children, his own website lies unloved and out of date and I have threatened to "out" him and publish the URL unless he gets a hurry up and improves it. His excuse (and I have to admit it's a good one) is that he is too busy with full-time work, a small Sproglet and other websites to get around to doing his own.

Many of you are familiar with our great Online Fellwalking Club site, but the new - and lovely - kid on the block is this showcase for Jill Batchelor's photographs. Make a pot of coffee, give yourself time, and enjoy - her images are the photos I aspire to. Look out for new photos and journal entries soon because she is in the Lake District right now.


James is not all bad (grin), this week he decided that Bag End needed a present - Hobbits love presents and these Fritillary will find a nice home in the front grass near the orchid.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the remionder that I must get down to the garden centre soon and buy some bulbs. Fritillary are amongst my must buys.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}