Saturday, 30 August 2008

It's going to be a long, hard weekend

Did I say that a 6 x 6 bin might be a little on the large size? I am obviously seriously delusional and should be taken away to a place of safety.

The shredder was collected and is neither as big or beefy as we'd like (but it was the largest model that we could get into the car, next time, if there is a next time, we will see if something bigger can be delivered). After some messing around we found technique that works but at 9.00 on Saturday morning the chances of getting all our brush shredded seem remote indeed. We have filled slightly less than a quarter of the bin and not made a noticeable dent on the piles which are laying around. To paraphrase Calender Girls - "we're going to need considerably bigger bins" . . .



And it is very hard work.

And some of the rubbish, nasty scratchy stuff like holly, is just not going to go through, or rather, it will take so much pain to get it shredded that a match and firelighters are starting to look like a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. Love the compost bin, but it is going to fill quickly. You need to hire one of those industrial shredders that come on a trailer, the type the tree surgeons use. Anything you can fit in the car is going to be useless for the amount of brush you've built up. Ask me how I know this!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}