Friday, 15 August 2008

Chain Piecing in Progress

It feels good to be sewing again (especially as everyone else is at FoQ in Birmingham this week). I don't tend to have a lot of UFOs laying around so if Merlin is to get a full workout then I need to make some tops to quilt!


Long before Jelly Rolls were invented an Alaskan lady called Debbie Caffrey came up with "Worms" which are 2½" strips cut across the width of fabric. Whilst my dear friend Joan was cutting up a storm to make some of these quilts she set aside strips for me which were then posted across the Pond and have, sadly, been sitting in a large box ever since. I've taken all the blue Worms to make this quilt and should just make it to 36 blocks.

4 comments:

  1. The blocks are looking good Bilbo. Let me know when you want to practice on Le Jardin ;o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see some of those long forgotten blues getting some attention. You go girl! Do you need any more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness this is the first time I knew you has two blogs! Anyway, I made a single quilt many years ago for my sister. I did cut up lots of my chldren's old clothes with the intention of making them a quilt each combined with lots of memories. Sadly I never got them done partly due to too many mixed fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor. Did I ever tell you how much I love blue?
    Did I?

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}