Thursday, 14 August 2008

Are you bored with this yet? I am!

Hedge regeneration continues apace. I managed an hour yesterday before Peter and Tracey arrived and today thought I'd get in a couple of hours before it rained. Well I did - and that was before lunch so like a Fool Thing that I am, out I went again after refueling. I really must get back in the habit of wearing a watch , when I came in I thought it was about 4.30. When I saw it was 5.45 I realised why I was so exhausted (grin). No photos, I am too dirty and tired to go back out with the camera.

The good news is that (I think) all the chainsaw work is done on the front row of hedge and much of the ivy has been pulled up. There are still half a dozen horrible large cherry suckers to dig/crowbar up and then I can start moving soil ready for the daffodils. Bit of a shock earlier this week - went into town for something and found sacks of Daffodil bulbs on sale. This is why I'm concentrating on the hedge above everything else, I don't want to leave it too late before I put the bulbs in.

Must bimble off and do some research on what bulbs to get - it would be nice to use the small native ones so if anyone has the Group Brain switched on at the moment and knows which variety I need, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Narcissus pseudonarcissus!
    No, I'm not bored. Work fascinates me - I can read about it for hours.

    Do get a watch petal, you'll wear yourself out!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}