Monday, 7 July 2008

Sunday Morning at the Seaside

A short drive brought us to the coast just south of Allonby. Much enjoyment was had by the Hairy One as he charged around on the wet sand and I enjoyed playing with the Macro feature on the camera.

Scotland clearly visible across the Solway


A pretty Curlew wandering about, there were also Oystercatcher and many gulls.


I spent a lot of time on my knees in long grass photographing Six-spot Burnet, a daytime flying moth.


Sea Holly (Eryngium maritimum)


Cut-Leaved Cranesbill (Geranium dissectum)


Plus a whole bunch of other photos I have not yet edited or plants I haven't identified.

2 comments:

  1. Well done for catching the burnet moth. In my exoerience they flitter off just as you get them in focus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs Flum, there were two and they were far more interested in having a good Sunday lunch than what I was doing! Took many photos, this was the most presentable {grin}

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}