Friday, 25 July 2008

Merlin

Merlin the Millennium arrived at his new Cumbrian home yesterday afternoon. Seven large boxes were offloaded safely by a very helpful van driver and Husband who was fortunately at home. Good job too - I'd have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot - some of those boxes were heavy. The total shipment was 177 kg and my brain is too fuddled to know what that is in real money.


I now have to wait until Sunday week (3rd August) for John and Angela to come and help us build him and make sure everything is working properly and then WHOOOPPEEE - I get to quilt again!

(I know it doesn't look like there are 7 boxes here but trust me, they're all in the hall, I know this because we have to climb over them to get to the sitting room!)

7 comments:

  1. Exciting times, I'm really looking forward to seeing what quilting you do over the next few months. I still have the other half of Le Jardin in the cupboard ... :o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha - no pressure then? I know a really talented quilter (and friend) north of you and south of me who I am sure would do a terrific job on Le-Twin-de-le-Jardin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 390lb, 27st 12lb, nearly 3.5cwt, over 1/6th of a ton or nearly 100 cubic metres of CO2...

    Can you tell I don't know much about quilting? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nearly 100 cubic metres of CO2...

    Is that in airfreight or manufacturing ?

    Can you tell I don't know much about quilting? ;)

    Why do you need to? I don't know much about photography?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's like having to wait till Christmas to open your present when reletives have given it to you a week early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not quite the same - it's like having peeked at the top of the wardrobe before Mum wraps everything ... remember I know what is in every box and most of them are now open and much of the contents have been removed, stroked and lovingly returned to said boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you can't wait to get it puit together and start quilting again.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}