Friday, 18 July 2008

Brown Hare

Lepus europaeus if you're feeling scientific. Whilst clearing dinner dishes tonight I glanced up and saw our lovely Hare lolloping along the footpath behind the garden. He lollops rather fast - this was the best I could do, took three pictures but this is the only one in focus enough to use.


Didn't get a clear enough shot to see if it was the same animal who visited in April (with the notched ear).

There is some interesting stuff at the Hare Preservation Trust

1 comment:

  1. On a recent Natural History Soc evening walk we saw 10 hares in a field near here. I love the way they pop up and down, ears akimbo (so to speak)! Gorgeous animals.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}