Sunday, 22 June 2008

Summer Solstice, Saturday 21st June 2008

Woke early and was able to take these pictures from the garden, Skiddaw looked wonderful as the light constantly changed.

04.03am


04.21am


04.47am


There was the unexpected bonus of a small inversion over the river and surrounding fields.

04.02am

04.19am


04.27am


That was "it" for the Solstice, later in the day the clouds moved in accompanied by lots of wind and (much needed) rain, doesn't feel like Midsummer at all.



Lots more photos at Webshots

1 comment:

  1. Definately worth getting up soooo early for - hope you managed to get back to sleep when you went back to bed!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}