Sunday, 8 June 2008

His Canine Hairyness

Recently celebrated his 13th birthday. He is now definitely an "old dog" wanting to sleep in until 10.00 or 11.00 o'clock on many mornings and having a good percentage of "slow days" when he really does not want to do much. And then there are the days when we go out of our driveway and he decides he wants to go to the river and pulls me (running) down the hill and does not stop until he is within sight of the water.

His birthday swim; he has to be kept on a lead near water otherwise he goes in and refuses to come out.


Left him quite plum-tuckered out but not too tired to keep a close eye on anything happening outside


He has always loved travelling by car . . .


Sitting on the balcony watching the world go past has become a most enjoyable evening activity


Thank you for the days

Those endless days, those sacred days you gave me
I'm thinking of the days
I won't forget a single day believe me

© Ray Davies

3 comments:

  1. Do I recognise the back of the quilt he is lounging on? - I cna see he is a very pampered pooch! grin! Glad he had a god birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the spelling mistakes - fingers not working properlay this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, doesn't the old fella look trim with his haircut?

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}